July 28, 2009

Kyra has been home nearly three weeks now! We are so pleased with her oral progress. She is now grabbing the spoon to put the applesauce in her mouth (finishing a jar a day.) We are trying to get her to take carrots and chicken, but she prefers the applesauce. We will keep at it. I consider this a personal victory to get her eating. I never would have thought we'd be this far.

I am encouraging Mikahla and Kaden to get more involved with Kyra. When she first came home Kyra was startled when they would get too close. There has been progress - a couple days ago I found Mikahla head to head with Kyra watching a movie. Kyra had discovered a typical "brother and sister game" - she is fascinated with pulling their hair. Ahh, the joyful sounds of siblings. Kaden is quite the germ watcher lately. I find him going from one santizer bottle to the next as he enters in and out of rooms, all so when he comes close to Kyra he can gently pat her head. I think this is his way of saying he cares and is happy she is home.

I have returned to work. It is difficult to leave each day, but what a reward at the end of my day.... walking into my home and seeing the beautiful smiles of all my children. Sometimes we all take for granted the "little" things that make a BIG impact on our lives. I still shake my head in amazement at where we are today. What blessings we have!

1 comment:

  1. Wendy,
    I love to read your stories about Kyra and your family. What a blessing to have her home. I bet your days at work can't go fast enough to get home to those 3 smiling faces! My prayers continue to be with you and your family.
    Enjoy all the little things!

    ReplyDelete