August 16, 2009

CELEBRATE - WE HAVE NIGHT NURSING!

YEAH we have night nursing! Just in time for Kory and the kids to head back to school. Things are falling into place. Kyra is doing wonderful. She has been back to the Clinic twice for her IVIG infusions and her physicians are very pleased with how well she is doing. We are hoping that soon we will be able to cut back on her TPN. Our hurdle to overcome - solid foods - we are working hard on this.

Kaden and Mikahla are getting more comfortable with Kyra. On any given night I can find Mikahla heading to Kyra's room (after I put her to bed) to play. I just can't bring myself to stop her. I watch outside the door listening to the two of them laughing. I cherish every little giggle. I have been pleasantly surprised with the way Mikahla is with Kyra. She has never been the "touchy, feely" type - getting a hug is sometimes a chore. But when she is with Kyra there is this gentle, nurturing soul. Kaden is always the entertainer. He gets out his guitar and plays a little toon or dances for Kyra. Just last night he was performing magic for us. Kyra enjoyed watching him shuffle his cups around.



Kaden & Kyra playing "peek-a-boo"

No comments:

Post a Comment