June 7, 2009

D'Netto said "opportunity" - I yelled "HELP!"

Kory and I have been engaged in learning all the aspects of Kyra's daily schedule. The nurses have taken such care in teaching us how to properly administer medication, change dressings, and combat those frustrating tiny bubbles in the lines. This has been a true learning experience with some hairy moments. Both Kory and I have witnessed Kyra's g-tube come out. Panic! Or as "ALWAYS POSITIVE" Dr. D'Netto put it "Great job Kyra, you provided Mom an opportunity." While that was not exactly what I was thinking at the time, I must confess I now appreciate the fact that I could learn how to replace the tube in a controlled environment. I cherish Dr. D'Netto's optimistic approach. From the very beginning she has reminded us "anything is possible." Her faith, hope and positive thinking have provided us with smiles (even on difficult days.) We are fortunate to have such a talented and compassionate physician in charge of Kyra's care. She is an AWESOME champion for Kyra!

1 comment:

  1. We echo your praise of Dr. D'Netto! She's proof that not just good, but *fantastic* things come in small packages! ;)
    ...and, oh my goodness, is Kyra ever cute!

    ReplyDelete